Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pictures from Northern California trip

This past weekend I drove up to my cousin's house in Windsor, CA. It's about 460 miles from my house to hers. And once again I did not get enough pictures. And almost all my pictures are of Eddie. Here are some of my favorites from this weekend. I'll be posting about all the fun stuff we did in more detail in the posts later this week, and what it's like to drive that far with the kid. Spoiler alert: he's awesome.

I left my house early Thursday morning with my car packed full of stuff. When it was just me, I could throw a bag with some clothes in the trunk and bring a small bag of snacks with me and I'd be good to go. Now, not so much. Also a lot more stops. Here we are at the last bathroom/diaper stop before we got to our destination. Eddie found a large stick and a small "park" to entertain himself in for a few minutes before getting back into the car.

 My cousin's kids are now adults, but two of them still live at home. They all adore Eddie. 



Friday we did a lot of hanging around the house. I had brought some leftover cooked carrots with me. Eddie surprised me by eating them cold like they were little orange pieces of candy. My kid loves the veggies!

The nearest Del Taco is an hour away from my cousin's house, and she is a big fan of DT. On Saturday we thought it would be fun to take a mini road trip just to get some. The nearest one to my house is less than 5 minutes, so this was all for my cousin! Eddie enjoyed himself.



Sunday we went to a birthday party for a brother and sister. The boy is eight and the girl is three. There were a ton of kids there and Eddie had a great time playing with them. So much so he never seemed to stand still enough to get some pictures. The birthday boy has quite a collection of toy trucks, which Eddie loved. They have an adorable "time out" bench that Eddie kept voluntarily sitting on.



My other cousin was at the party as well and we got a picture of the three of us. By the end of the day Eddie was tired enough to cuddle up with my cousin and her husband.



Yesterday was the long drive back home. It went too quickly and it's going to be a while until I can get back up there with the baby on the way. Maybe in about a year. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment